Article Title: Who’s Hiring from Forbes Most Trustworthy Companies List – Vol 4
Author Byline: CareerAlley
Author Website: http://Careeralley.com
“Trust that little voice in your head that says “Wouldn’t it be interesting if..”; And then do it.” – Duane Michals
Back to Forbes‘ list of most trustworthy companies (pretty much where we left off). Another set of companies to add to your research list. So how do you determine if a company is trustworthy (it’s hard enough to determine which people are trustworthy)? In this case, Forbes is looking at the reliability of companies’ accounting and management practices (see “The 100 Most Trustworthy Companies” for more details). But what does this mean to you as a job seeker? Least we forget Enron, it is really important if you want additional assurance that the company you select as your employer has integrity in their corporate governance practices.
- Timken – According to their website, Timken is “is one of the world’s leading producers of highly engineered antifriction bearings and related products and services and alloy steel and components”. Their careers page has three sections: Find Where You Fit, Experienced Hires and Students / New Grads. Each of these sections have additional links below their titles. There were 22 job opportunities when I checked the site.
- Casey’s General Stores – A convenience store operator, Casey’s career site has an overview of the company mid page with links along the left hand side of the page for each type of job position. Click any of these job types to see a listing of available jobs.
- Clean Harbors – As you might expect from the name, Clean Harbors is in the Waste Management business. Their careers page leads with an overview of the company, followed by links for benefits. Resources follow at the bottom of the page, with Job Search (by region or function) and a link to recruiting events. The right hand side of the page has several videos you can watch. You must click your region and state in order to see specific jobs.
- NewAlliance Bancshares – NewAlliance is in banking, and their careers page has an overview of the company with a link to their Career Center. Once at the Career Center, you need to click through to the search page. There were 28 job opportunities when I checked the page.
- Mack-Cali Realty – Real Estate Operations is the name of the game with Mack-Cali Realty. Their careers page is somewhat empty, with job openings as the only information listed.
- Nstar – Electric Utilities is what Nstar does. Their careers page has an overview of the company (and why you would want to work there) on the right hand side of the page. The left hand side of the page has a number of career related links: Job Opportunities, Professional Development, Benefits and more. Clicking on Job Opportunities links to their search engine. There were 56 job opportunities when I checked the page.
Good luck in your search.
Article courtesy of the Recruiting Blogswap, a content exchange service sponsored by CollegeRecruiter.com, a leading site for college students looking for internships and recent graduates searching for entry level jobs and other career opportunities.